A home inspection will help you have a better understanding of a piece of property at the time of inspection. Generally, Maine Home Inspections is visual inspection, not technical. During the inspection, we look at safety issues and the major defects.
A home inspection includes the following things:
- Inspection of structural components: This includes the inspection of things such as walls, floors, foundations, ceilings, columns, roof and ceilings. Structural components in which deterioration is expected are probed. We will enter into crawl spaces, attic spaces and basements for inspection. The only places that will be left are those with restricted access or those where entry can damage the property. All signs of harmful or abnormal water penetration will be reported.
- Exterior inspection: Flashing, trim wall cladding, entry doors, windows, garage door operators, balconies, decks, area ways, eaves, stoops, applicable railings, drainage, driveways, walkways, vegetation, retaining walls, fascias, and everything else that affects the building on the exterior will be inspected.
- Roofing inspection: Roof drainage systems, roof coverings, skylights, flashing, roof penetrations, chimneys, abnormal condensations in the building, signs of leaks and everything else related to the roof will be inspected.
- Electrical component inspection: Service equipment, service entrance conductors, grounding equipment, main and distribution panels, main over-current device, lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, switches branch circuit conductors and all other electrical devices in a home will be inspected.
- Plumbing: The water supply and distribution system will be checked for faults. Piping materials, fixtures and faucets, insulation, hot water systems and all other plumbing fixtures inside and outside the house will be inspected to establish if they are in good working condition.
- Heating system inspection: The heating system will be checked. Heating equipment, automatic safety controls, normal operating controls, chimneys, vents, solid fuel heating devices and all other heating equipment will be thoroughly inspected.
- Air conditioning system inspection: The central air conditioning system, air filters, fans, pumps, pipes, ducts, insulation damper and all other components that form the air conditioning system of a home will be inspected.
- Interior: The walls, floors ceiling, balconies, stairways, built-in cabinets and all other interior features will be inspected.
- Insulation and ventilation: Vapor retarders and insulation in unfinished spaces, kitchen, laundry and bathroom venting systems and all other components that form the insulation and ventilation system of the home will be inspected.
- Built-in Kitchen Appliances: Kitchen appliances such as the dish washer, ovens, garbage disposal systems etc. will be inspected to check if they are in good working condition.
We will provide you with the best possible detailed electronic report of a home within 24 hours. We will go out and gather all information on the site to give you a compact report. You can find out more about the cost of our service here.
We can do a water test on site and send the results to you within 48 to 72 hours.